[802.3_100GNGOPTX] July Plenary Meeting Information & Call For Presentations

Dear Task Force Participants,

As you should be aware, this July meeting is going to be unique. We  have a co-located interim meeting on Sunday and Monday, then a traditional plenary meeting on the week of July 14-17th.

While I am offering a call for presentations, we anticipate the CLI will address comments for the current Sponsor Ballot cycle and that the Task Force will have minimal work to perform during the typical plenary meeting times. This is intentional as we wish to allow participation in the 400G (P802.3bs) Task Force by many who are involved in our task force. As such, I don't expect any responses for this call for presentations.

Meeting Information:

The IEEE P802.3bm Task Force will be meeting on Tuesday July 15th, in San Diego CA, USA from 9am until business is complete.  I currently do not anticipate P802.3bm Task Force work on Wednesday or Thursday. The goal of this limited duration meeting is to provide addition time (if necessary) for comment resolution from the current Sponsor Ballot process that is ongoing, and to approve prior meeting minutes, etc.

Registration and meeting details may be found at  http://802world.org/plenary/

Call For Presentations:

It is preferable that response to the earlier Co-Located Interim Call for Presentations be made. If a response to this email occurs, I will attempt to place the work within the CLI and will respond back to confirm this is OK with the author.

Per my earlier email, Task Force participants may submit comments on Sponsor ballot even if they are not a part of the Sponsor Ballot pool. Please see my earlier email for details. Please note if you are intending to give a presentation in support of a suggested remedy (or provide any supplemental material) for any comments, please indicate this in the “Suggested Remedy” field in your comment submission.  Please note that formal requests for presentation time must be made to the Chief Editor and to the Chair.  Presentations related to comment resolution should be kept to less than 20 minutes in duration, excluding time for questions and answers.  Requests for presentation time greater than 20 minutes will be considered on a case-by-case basis, and the requester should contact the chair prior to making the request to justify the additional time.

Requests for presentation time must be made before the second Friday preceding the meeting.  For the upcoming meeting, requests for presentation time shall be made to me at dan_dove@xxxxxxxx  and must be made by midnight AOE on July 4th, 2014

The presenter shall e-mail a PDF, soft-copy version of the presentation to me at dan_dove@xxxxxxxx by Tuesday of the week preceding the meeting.  For the upcoming meeting, presentations must be submitted by midnight AOE on July 8th, 2014.  Please copy our vice-chair, Kapil Shrikhande <kapils@xxxxxxxx>  and our Chief Editor, Pete Anslow <panslow@xxxxxxxxx> on your requests and presentation submittal.

Please make sure that all requests for presentations or submissions of presentation material have no restrictive notices at the bottom of the email.  All such emails will be refused and requests / presentations will not be acknowledged.

For your presentation request, please include the following;

Title of Presentation
Abstract
Time Requested
Presenter, Affiliation
Co-Author(s), Affiliation(s)

We would greatly appreciate presenters reviewing their own presentations to verify that they have followed the cited Presentation Style Guidelines. If there are questions related to relative cost discussion, please see the presentation by IEEE counsel at http://www.ieee802.org/3/100GNGOPTX/public/may12/lindsay_01_0512_optx.pdf and contact me if there are additional questions.

Also, to support the web site search tool used by the IEEE P802.3 web site the 'Document Information' fields of the PDF file must be completed as follows:

Filename: presenterlastname_nn_mmyy_optx.pdf
Title: Title of presentation
Author: Name(s) of author(s)
Subject: IEEE P802.3bm 40 Gb/s and 100 Gb/s Fiber Optic Task Force

I am looking forward to seeing you in San Diego.

Best Regards,
--
Dan Dove
Chair, IEEE p802.3bm Task Force