Good Day All,
We are looking forward to seeing you at the July 2014 IEEE 802 Plenary Session , July 13-18, 2014 at the Manchester Grand Hyatt in San Diego, CA USA.
Please share the enclosed and attached information with your Working Group members.
The Manchester Grand Hyatt is sold out Monday - Wednesday and Passkey has now been closed.
However if a guest would like to modify their individual reservation, they have the ability to do so by:
To make the changes online, the guest will need both first/last name and Credit Card number.
Meeting Planner Contact Information
IEEE 802 Meeting Planner
Face to Face Events Inc.
2699 Iversen Court
Santa Clara, CA 95051 USA
Phone: +1 (408) 241-8906
Registration Fees & Deadlines:
The registration fee covers AV equipment, network/Internet services, power hook-ups for laptop computers, continental breakfast, morning and afternoon refreshments, as well as meeting services and supplies.
The combined hotel room stays of IEEE 802 attendees’ covers the meeting rooms themselves. For this reason, anyone who is not a registered guest at the Manchester Grand Hyatt for one or more nights must pay a higher registration fee than attendees staying at the IEEE 802 Plenary Session hotel.
Standard: After Early Registration and before 6pm Pacific Time, Friday July 4, 2014
(UTC Time: 1am Saturday, July 5, 2014)
* $US 600 for attendees staying at the Manchester Grand Hyatt
* $US 900 for all others (including local attendees not staying at the group hotel)
Late/On-site: After 6pm Pacific Time Friday July 4, 2014
(UTC Time: 1am Saturday, July 5, 2014)
* $US 800 for attendees staying at the Manchester Grand Hyatt
* $US 1100 for all others (including local attendees not staying at the group hotel)
* $US 150 for all student attendees (college students at the bachelor or post-graduate level)
* The Student meeting fee is available to full-time college students at the bachelor or post- graduate level. The Student meeting fee is available only one time per person. The person using the Student meeting fee will not be able to use meeting attendance to gain or maintain voting rights.
* Limited registrations available.
* A valid current student ID must be shown when picking up the meeting badge.
University Outreach – Tuesday July 15, 2014
* $US 25 US for all student attendees (college students at the bachelor or post-graduate level)
The day will start at 8:00 am with an orientation session of about one hour long. IEEE 802 University Outreach students and faculty attendees are then free to observe sessions. A list of meetings recommended for observation by the Working Groups (a self guided tour) will be supplied. The day will end at 5:00 pm with a closing session to provide the opportunity for IEEE 802 University Outreach participants to ask questions about what they have observed.
CANCELLATION TYPE AND DEADLINES
EARLY - FULL REFUND 6 PM Pacific Time, Friday, May 23, 2014
LATE – CANCELLATION FEE $US100 6 PM Pacific Time, Friday, July 4, 2014
NO REFUNDS AFTER 6 PM Pacific Time, Friday, July 4, 2014
Airport and Ground Transportation Information
- San Diego Taxi: San Diego taxi service is available on a first come, first serve basis from the lower level curb of all. Approximate cost from SAN to Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego is $US 10. - $13.
- San Diego Airport Shuttle Service: Several San Diego airport shuttle companies are available at San Diego International Airport for an approximate cost of $US 8. per person.
- Express Shuttle is available with reservations. Call 800-900-7433 or 619-591-0303.
- Amtrak Train Station: Five blocks from Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego, guests can travel from San Diego to Los Angeles with daily train service approximately every two hours. For scheduled service call 800-872-7245.
- San Diego Trolley: Simply cross the street to catch the convenient San Diego Trolley offering budget-friendly San Diego transportation to Tijuana, Mexico, Fashion Valley, Mission Valley shopping centers, Old Town, Qualcom Stadium etc.
Emerging Applications Birds-of-a-Feather
Wednesday, July 16, 2014, 6:15pm to 9:00pm
On the evening of Wednesday, July 16, of the IEEE 802 July 2014 Plenary week, a Birds-of-a-Feather (BOF) session will be held for all attendees to gather and discuss Emerging Applications that may leverage or impact the overall IEEE 802 community.
The format of the BOF will be short presentations from a selected panel to seed the discussion on how Emerging Applications may affect, leverage, or utilize technology based on the IEEE 802 family of standards.
- “I Feel the Need… for Low Speed” Steve Carlson, High Speed Design and Lynn Kennedy, Watt Stopper
- “Emerging Applications of Enhanced User and Device Identities” Paul A. Lambert, Marvell
- ”IOT2.0: When the IOT and Micro Location Converge” Mickael Viot, Decawave
- Presentation Information Available Online: http://www.ieee802.org/802_tutorials/2014-07/802-0714-BoF-14_0604.pdf
Guests are permitted, but please note this is a technical discussion of the IEEE 802 Community.Questions should be directed to Pat Thaler (pthaler@xxxxxxxxxxxx
) or John D’Ambrosia (jdambrosia@xxxxxxxx
Email Distribution List
We only provide e-mailed session announcements and updates. Session information will continue to be available on the IEEE 802 web site at: http://www.ieee802.org/meeting/
.We also have a Meeting Information email distribution list. To join this list and stay informed, send email to listserv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with no subject and with the following 2 lines appearing first in the body of the message:
with no subject and the following two lines appearing first in the body of the message:
Note: this must be sent from the email address that you are trying to unsubscribe. Otherwise send the following: