IEEE 802 Plenary Session Announcement
November 2-7, 2014
San Antonio, Texas USA
Monday August 11, 2014
November 2014 IEEE-802 Plenary at the Grand Hyatt San Antonio
The November 2014 IEEE 802 Plenary Session will take place November 2-7, 2014 at the Grand Hyatt San Antonio in San Antonio, Texas USA. The Grand Hyatt San Antonio offers world-class catering services, multilingual staff, modern, stylish facilities and impeccable services to make every meeting a success. Situated directly on the famed River Walk, the Grand Hyatt San Antonio is near by numerous dining, cultural attractions, and nightlife opportunities.
Participating IEEE-802 Working Groups: 802.1, 802.3, 802.11, 802.15, 802.16, 802.18, 802.19, 802.21, 802.22 and 802.24
Registration Fees & Deadlines
Early: Before 6pm Pacific Time, Friday, September 5, 2014
(UTC Time: 1am Saturday, September 6, 2014)
* $US 500 for attendees staying at the Grand Hyatt San Antonio
* $US 800 for all others (including local attendees not staying at the group hotel)
Standard: After Early Registration and before 6pm Pacific Time, October 24, 2014
(UTC Time: 1am Saturday, October 25, 2014)
* $US 600 for attendees staying at the Grand Hyatt San Antonio
* $US 900 for all others (including local attendees not staying at the group hotel)
Late/On-site: After 6pm Pacific Time October 24, 2014
(UTC Time: 1am Saturday, October 25, 2014)
* $US 800 for attendees staying at the Grand Hyatt San Antonio
* $US 1100 for all others (including local attendees not staying at the group hotel)
* $US 150 for all student attendees
* Available to full-time college students at the bachelor or post- graduate level.
* Available only one time per person.
* The person using the Student meeting fee will not be able to use meeting attendance to gain or maintain voting rights.
* Limited registrations available.
* A valid current student ID must be shown when picking up the meeting badge.
University Outreach Registration:
* $US 25 for student attendees (students and faculty at the bachelor or post-graduate level)
* The day will start at 8:00 am with an orientation session of about one hour long. IEEE 802 University Outreach students and faculty attendees are then free to observe sessions. A list of meetings recommended for observation by the Working Groups (a self guided tour) will be supplied. The day will end at 5:00 pm with a closing session to provide the opportunity for IEEE 802 University Outreach participants to ask questions about what they have observed.
Session Registration: Registration is available through a secure website and requires a valid credit card for the payment of the registration fee; checks are NOT accepted for web-registration.
Any individual who attends any part of a meeting that is a scheduled part of an 802 Plenary Session must register for the full session.
Session registrations are not transferable to another individual or to another plenary session.
If you register for an IEEE 802 Plenary session and then are unable to attend, you must request cancellation of your registration before the cancellation deadline to be eligible for a refund of all or part of the fees paid.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
In order to obtain a refund of all or part of the fees paid you must request cancellation of your registration before the late cancellation deadline.
EARLY - FULL REFUND
6 PM Pacific Time, Friday, September 5, 2014
LATE – CANCELLATION FEE $US 100
6 PM Pacific Time, Friday, October 24, 2014
NO REFUNDS AFTER
6 PM Pacific Time, Friday, October 24, 2014
Group Hotel Registration Discount Policy
The registration fee covers AV equipment, network/Internet services, power hook-ups for laptop computers, continental breakfast, morning and afternoon refreshments, as well as meeting services and supplies. The combined hotel room stays of IEEE 802 attendees’ covers the meeting rooms themselves. For this reason, anyone who is not a registered guest at the Grand Hyatt San Antonio for one or more nights must pay a higher registration fee than attendees staying at the IEEE 802 Plenary Session hotel. Attendees who elect to share accommodations must ensure that all members of the rooming party are listed on the hotel register before arrival (or upon check-in at the hotel) so that the hotel can verify their hotel stay.
Please note: The correct registration fee must be paid prior to receiving your badge, which permits entrance to scheduled meetings.
USA VISA Applications
* Up-to-date information on the Visa Application Process
* Expected wait-times for appointments and application processing in various cities
For further information on traveling to the US, please go to:
The websites listed above are NOT IEEE websites but are provided to you as additional information on traveling to the United States
Instructions for Obtaining an Invitation Letter for in USA Visa Applications
The IEEE Standards Association can provide you with a letter inviting you to attend the session.
* You must register for the upcoming plenary session in order to obtain an Invitation Letter.
* To register for the IEEE 802 plenary session you must pay the registration fee using a valid credit card that can accept charges in US dollars.
1. Once your registration has been approved you may at any time select the link to “Generate a Visa Letter” from the dropdown menu under the VISA tab on event website.
2. Log in using the same UserID and Password that you used to register.
3. Provide some additional information that is necessary for your Invitation Letter:
* Your Date of Birth
* Your Place of Birth
* The Nationality of Your Passport (i.e. the issuing country)
* The Passport Number
* The Passport Expiration Date
4. Once this information has been accepted your personalized letter will be generated in Acrobat PDF format and then displayed on the screen for printing and saving.
5. In addition, a copy of the generated visa letter PDF format file will be sent as an attachment in an email to your email address. These letters have the IEEE Logo at the top, are properly signed by the IEEE-SA President, and should be printable on any common personal computer printer.
If you are still unsure of what to do, or if you have any other questions, please contact our meeting organizers by email: 802info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
or by phone: +1 (408) 241-8906.
November 2014 IEEE 802 Plenary Session Group Hotel Rates
Grand Hyatt San Antonio
600 E. Market Street,
San Antonio, Texas, USA 78205
Tel: +1 210 224 1234 Fax: +1 210 271 8019
GROUP RATE (SINGLE/DOUBLE/TWIN): $US 199/Night (plus applicable taxes)*
Rate applies to Single and Double Occupancy Run of House Rooms, Internet access included.
EXTRA ADULTS: Extra Adults (>2) are an additional $25/Night (plus applicable taxes).
CHILDREN (21 years or less): May share their parents’ room for No Additional Charge
EXTENDED DATES: October 23 through November 18, 2014
Subject only to availability the IEEE 802 Group Rate will be available October 23rd to November 18th.
RESERVATION DEADLINE DATE: October 18, 2014 Subject only to availability the IEEE 802 Group Rate will be available until October 18th.
SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY:
* The Group Rate is subject to the availability of rooms in the IEEE 802 Group Room Block.
* If the block is sold out before the deadline date (October 18, 2014), the rate may no longer be available.
HOTEL CANCELLATION POLICY:
No penalty if cancelled prior to 6 PM San Antonio Time on Date of Arrival
HOW TO MAKE A HOTEL RESERVATION AT THE IEEE 802 GROUP RATE
Call the Grand Hyatt San Antonio
* Direct Line: +1 (210) 224-1234
* Toll Free Line: 1 (800) 233-1234
When calling the hotel please ask for reservations and request the IEEE 802 Plenary Session Group Rate, code = “IEEE 802”
San Antonio International Airport (SAT) and Transportation Information
The San Antonio International Airport has an easy to navigate website that will supply all information you may require with regards to navigating your arrival and departure from San Antonio. http://www.sanantonio.gov/sat
Ground Transportation at SAT
Ground transportation is located curbside in front of Terminal A and B baggage claim area. Uniformed transportation agents (wearing red shirts) can describe services and provide estimated rates to various destinations.
For additional ground transportation information
* Phone: 1 (210) 207-3465
Taxicabs are available at the lower level curbside, outside of baggage claim, at Terminal A & B.
Fare to San Antonio downtown areas start at $US 29.00 per taxicab. (Up to 6 may share a cab, if both luggage and passengers fit safely.)
GO Airport Shuttle is San Antonio International Airport's authorized and single shared- ride shuttle service.
* Shuttles depart from 7 a.m. to 1:30 a.m. daily to downtown hotels every 15 minutes.
* Passengers may purchase tickets at the airport's baggage claim area.
* $US 19.00 per person to downtown hotels or $US 34.00 for a round trip ticket.
* When booking online: The Grand Hyatt San Antonio is listed in the Hotel Category, and is identified as Hyatt - Grand
* Major Credit cards are accepted.
VIA METROPOLITAN TRANSIT
San Antonio's public transportation agency offers service throughout the city including streetcar service within the downtown area.
To get downtown from the airport:
Go to the Lower Roadway (Arrivals/Baggage Level in Terminal A and B), across the marked crosswalk to the outer curb.VIA's stop will be halfway between Terminals A & B, clearly marked. You will catch VIA bus route 5, which operates everyday, and can get to beautiful downtown San Antonio in about 30 minutes for only $US 1.10. Once in the downtown area, VIA's streetcar service offers stops to or near most hotels, restaurants, the convention center and many visitors hot spots.
For added convenience, VIA offers $US 4.00 Day Pass for purchase on online in advance of your trip. A Day Pass is good for unlimited rides on all regular bus and streetcar service for the one day indicated on the pass. The Day Pass will be activated the first time boarding the bus or streetcar.
Email Distribution List
We provide e-mailed session announcements and updates. To join this list and stay informed, send email to listserv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with no subject and with the following 2 lines appearing first in the body of the message:
Meeting Planner Contact Information
Please contact us directly if we may be of any assistance in your preparations for this event.
We are accessible via telephone and email.
IEEE 802 Meeting Planner
Face to Face Events
2699 Iversen Court
Santa Clara, CA 95051 USA
Phone: (408) 241-8906