|Thread Links||Date Links|
|Thread Prev||Thread Next||Thread Index||Date Prev||Date Next||Date Index|
As promised by Paul Nikolich, please see the update below on the March 2022 meeting. As mentioned in the email from David Law and I today, if you are interested in following the discussion on the EC reflector, please follow the instructions in that email to be subscribed to the EC reflector.
Steven B. Carlson
Chair, P802.3cy Greater than 10 Gb/s Electrical Automotive Ethernet PHY Task Force
Executive Secretary, IEEE 802.3 Ethernet Working Group
Dear IEEE 802 LMSC Participants,
Due to the uncertainties regarding the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic the 802 EC decided to hold the March 2022 IEEE 802 Plenary exclusively electronically, at the 07 December 2021 802 EC teleconference. The plenary session is expected to take place between 4-18 March 2022.
This decision triggered a contractual cancellation penalty clause that resulted in a significant penalty fee. Our executive secretary has worked hard to negotiate options to minimize these fees. As a result, the penalty has been substantially reduced (by a factor ~3), but remains large enough to require reconsideration of the March 2022 registration fee structure.
The 802 EC met in Executive Session 14 and 16 December to review the options to minimize the penalty with the following Executive Session readout:
Therefore, March 2022 registration is suspended effective 16 December 2021 until the registration fee structure is decided by the 802 EC, no later than 14 January 2022.
Attendance at any meeting held during or as part of the plenary session requires registering and paying the appropriate fee. Details on how to register can be found at http://802world.org/plenary/ ; however, the registration is closed until the new fee structure is decided.
Pre-plenary events (no registration fee required) include:
· 01 Mar 2022: (Potential) Tutorial 14:00 to 15:20 UTC (9-10:20 am ET) Tuesday
· 02 Mar 2022: 802 Next Gen Workshop 20:00 to 22:00 UTC (4-6pm ET) Wednesday
· 03 Mar 2022: 802.1 Technical Plenary 14:00 to 16:00 UTC (9-11am ET) Thursday
· 04 Mar 2022: 802 Orientation 15:00 to 16:00 UTC (10-11am ET) Friday
The tentative plenary session schedule is as follows:
· 14 Jan 2022: Tutorial request deadline
· 04 Feb 2022: draft PAR submission deadline Friday
· 04 Mar 2022: 802 EC Opening Mtg 20:00 to 22:00 UTC (3-5pm ET) Friday
· 09 Mar 2022: Submit comments against draft PARs / ICAIDs Wednesday
· 16 Mar 2022: Post responses to submitted comments against draft PARs / ICAIDs Wednesday
· 18 Mar 2022: 802 EC Closing Mtg (Consider PARs / ICAIDs) 18:00-22:00 UTC (2-6pm ET) Friday
Details of the specific WG and TAG meetings will be provided by the respective group chairs.
The IEEE 802 Executive Committee appreciates your continued patience and dedication in these uncertain times. I hope you and your families continue to be as well as we enter the first quarter of 2022. Stay safe and be well. I look forward to returning to in person meetings soon.
Chair, IEEE 802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee
To unsubscribe from the STDS-802-ALL list, click the following link: https://listserv.ieee.org/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=STDS-802-ALL&A=1
To unsubscribe from the STDS-802-3-B10GAUTO list, click the following link: https://listserv.ieee.org/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=STDS-802-3-B10GAUTO&A=1