[802.3_B10K] Proposed Rules Change Regarding Joint Task Force Meetings

All,

At the March 2019 Plenary, Steve Carlson and I proposed changes to the 802.3 Rules to provide definition of operation of Joint Task Force Meetings within the IEEE 802.3 Operations Manual, including voting within this type of meeting.  We believe that given the growing interaction between task forces, this would be beneficial to their effective operation.

The Output of the consideration of our proposed change is shown here - http://www.ieee802.org/3/rules/updates/prop_change_1_0319.pdf.  Please note that this may change when discussed in July at Rules Meeting, which would be prior to the actual vote by the 802.3 WG at the IEEE 802.3 Closing Plenary.

I am reaching out through the various reflectors to request your support for this proposed rules change.  From my own experience with chairing IEEE P802.3cn and IEEE P802.3ct, I believe the proposed rules changes will greatly help me to run a more effective meeting than what is currently permitted.  If you have any comments or wish to discuss with me, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Regards

John D’Ambrosia

Chair, IEEE P802.3cn Task Force

Chair, IEEE P802.3ct Task Force