[802.3_B10K] Call for Presentations - July 2019 Interim - IEEE P802.3cn and IEEE P802.3ct

Dear Task Force Participants,

The following is the call for presentations for the IEEE P802.3cn and IEEE P802.3ct Task Forces for the IEEE 802.3 Sept 2019 Interim meeting.  Meeting details, hotel reservations and registration links may be found at the following URL: http://www.cvent.com/events/ieee-802-3-interim-meeting-september-2019/event-summary-bf70b99221ae40aca998d360e3e92be4.aspx.   Please register and make your hotel reservations as soon as possible.

Please note that this will be a Joint Task Force Interim Meeting.   Based on Working Group Motion #13 from the July plenary meeting, motions may be taken during the joint meeting.  I am noting this, given that this is different than the past meetings for these two task forces.

  • The agenda for the IEEE P802.3cn Task Force is dependent upon the outcome of the Aug 20 Contingent Interim Teleconference Meeting.  If a recirculation ballot results from the Aug 20 meeting, then the Task Force will be considering comments submitted against D3.1.   Presentations should be submitted in support of comments submitted against D3.1.  Otherwise the agenda for the IEEE P802.3cn Task Force will be consideration of submission of IEEE P802.3cn to RevCom.
  • The agenda for the IEEE P802.3ct Task Force will be the continuation of baseline proposals for the 100 GbE and 400 GbE objectives, as well as moving the project forward.

Anyone wishing to present to either Task Force, please identify the respective Task Force, please provide the following informat

  • Length of time requested (this should include time for questions and answers)
  • Brief description of topic

Please review Procedure for Presenters web page for IEEE P802.3cn: http://www.ieee802.org/3/cn/public/presentproc.html.

Please review Procedure for Presenters web page for IEEE P802.3ct: http://www.ieee802.org/3/ct/public/presentproc.html.

Presentations should be kept to 20 minutes in duration, excluding time for questions  and answers.  Requests for presentation time greater than 20 minutes will be considered on a case-by-case basis, and the requestor should contact the chair prior to making the request to justify the additional time.  Furthermore, I encourage individuals to use the Task Force reflector to reach out to others in the spirit of consensus building.  As chair, I reserve the right to introduce individuals making similar topic requests in the continuing spirit of this encouragement.

Please get your requests in as soon as possible.  Requests for presentation time must be made two Thursdays preceding the meeting.  For the Sept Interim meeting, requests for presentation time shall be made to me at jdambrosia@xxxxxxxx  and must be made by Aug 29, 2019.  The presenter shall e-mail a PDF, soft-copy version of the presentation to me at jdambrosia@xxxxxxxx by Tuesday Sept 3, 2019.

 As a reminder, please make sure that all requests for presentations or submissions of presentation material have no restrictive notices at the bottom of the email.  All such emails will be refused and requests / presentations will not be acknowledged.  All individuals submitting presentations should review the Procedures for Presenters Page for the respective projects noted above.  I would greatly appreciate presenters reviewing their own presentations to verify that they have followed the cited Presentation Style Guidelines.

Also, to support the web site search tool used by the IEEE P802.3 web site the 'Document Information' fields of the PDF file must be completed as follows for the respective task forces:

  • For IEEE P802.3cn:
    • Title: Title of presentation