Thread Links Date Links
Thread Prev Thread Next Thread Index Date Prev Date Next Date Index

[802.3_EPLCA] questions following the presentation "EPLCA – Technical Feasibility Study"



Hi Arvind,

Thank you for your presentation at the ad hoc. I have two quick questions:

  1. I think there may be a typo in the table on slide 6. Looking at the 11th row, which indicates the TO allocation for node 6: since node 6’s Class B traffic gets a TO only once every 16 PLCA cycles, shouldn’t the TO allocated to Class B under PLCA cycle 14 be redundant?
  2. On slide 8, you mentioned that a 2-millisecond PLCA cycle can carry 2400 bytes including the header. However, 2 milliseconds at 10 megabits per second is actually 20 kilobits = 2500 bytes. I’d like to know what other transmissions the 100-byte difference is used for.

Thanks again for the presentation. I’d appreciate your thoughts when you have a chance.

Best,

Dolly (Zhu, Yue)

Yinwang Intelligent Technologies Co., Ltd. (Huawei’s automotive business subsidiary)

Email: zhuyue1@xxxxxxxxxxx

 

 

 

 


To unsubscribe from the STDS-802-3-EPLCA list, click the following link: https://listserv.ieee.org/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=STDS-802-3-EPLCA&A=1