[802.3_GEPOF] Fwd: [802.3_DIALOG] Credit card malware at Hyatt hotels

If you have attended recent meetings please note the below information.

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Steven B. Carlson" <scarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [802.3_DIALOG] Credit card malware at Hyatt hotels
Date: January 15, 2016 at 11:33:09 AM PST

Colleagues,

Please see the articles below regarding malware on Hyatt hotel credit card
systems between July and December 2015.  Hyatt has a list of affected
properties and the Dallas Hyatt Regency, as well as the Coconut Point Hyatt
used by 802.3 for our September interim, are on it. The Hyatt Regency
Atlanta is also on the list, but Hyatt seems to be indicating that only
cards that were physically swiped at a property are at risk.

802 is working with Hyatt and I hope they will have further information for
us.

Articles:
http://www.engadget.com/2016/01/15/hyatt-malware/
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/01/15/hyatt_hackers_hit_250_hotels/

Hyatt responses:
http://www.hyatt.com/protectingourcustomers/
http://www.hyatt.com/protectingourcustomers/hotellist/

Task Force and Study Group Chairs, please forward this to your reflectors.

Regards,

Steve

Steven B. Carlson
Chair, IEEE P802.3bp 1000BASE-T1 PHY Task Force
http://www.ieee802.org/3/bp/index.html
Chair, IEEE P802.3bw 100BASE-T1 PHY Task Force
http://www.ieee802.org/3/bw/index.html
Executive Secretary, IEEE 802.3 Ethernet Working Group
http://www.ieee802.org/3/index.html
President
High Speed Design, Inc.
Portland, OR