[802.3_NGAUTO] Multi-Gig Automotive Ethernet PHY Study Group Jan 2017 - Agenda and Call for Presentations

Colleagues,

The Multi-Gig Automotive Ethernet PHY Study Group, aka NGAUTO, will be
meeting during the IEEE 802.3 Jan 2017 Interim Meeting (week of Jan 9, 2017)
that will be held in Huntington Beach, CA, USA.  Meeting details, hotel
reservations and registration links may be found at the following URL
http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?oeidk=a07ed9ct0dz210211
1c&llr=bqlaqkgab

If you have not already done so, please sign up to our project reflector:

http://www.ieee802.org/3/NGAUTO/reflector.html

We want to move off the ECDC reflector prior to the January interim.

The Study Group will be meeting at 1PM, Wednesday, Jan 11, to Friday, Jan 13
at 3PM.  It is possible that P802.3cg 10 SPE will finish before noon on
Wednesday. If so, NGAUTO could start earlier on Wednesday. I  requesting
everyone?s support of consensus building prior to the meeting to the make
the most effective use of our time.

The scope and agenda of the meeting will be developing our objectives, CSD
and PAR.

Anyone wishing to present, please provide the following information, per
Procedure for Presenters web page:

http://www.ieee802.org/3/NGAUTO/public/presentproc.html)

Name of presenter (including affiliation)
Title of presentation
Length of time requested (this should include time for questions and
answers)
Abstract (brief description of the topic)

Presentations should be kept to 20 minutes in duration, excluding time for
questions and answers.  Requests for presentation time greater than 20
minutes will be considered on a case-by-case basis, and the requestor should
contact the chair prior to making the request to justify the additional
time.  As Chair, I reserve the right to introduce parties to each other in
the interest of consensus building, if the two (or more) parties are
planning a presentation on a similar topic.

The presentation request date is two Thursdays preceding the meeting.  For
the January Interim meeting, requests for presentation time shall be made to
me at scarlson@xxxxxxxx  and must be made by Thursday, Dec 29, 2016.  The
presenter shall e-mail a PDF, soft-copy version of the presentation to me
at scarlson@xxxxxxxx by Monday of the week preceding the meeting.  For the
January Interim, presentations must be submitted by Tuesday, Jan 3, 2017.
While deadline dates have been provided, in the interest of meeting
planning,  please contact me as soon as possible with your presentation
requests. Please use "JANUARY NGAUTO" as the subject line for your email.
Finally, please CC George Zimmerman
(http://ieee802.org/3/contacts.html#10SPE), our study group ad hoc chair
with your request and your PDF.

Please make sure that you use the noted email address above.

As a reminder, please make sure that all requests for presentations or
submissions of presentation material have no restrictive notices at the
bottom of the email.  All such emails will be refused and requests /
presentations will not be acknowledged.

I would greatly appreciate presenters reviewing their own presentations to
verify that they have followed the cited Presentation Style Guidelines.
Also, to support the web site search tool used by the IEEE P802.3 web site
the 'Document Information' fields of the PDF file must be completed as
follows:

Title: Title of presentation
Author: Name(s) of author(s)
Subject: IEEE NGAUTO Study Group

As a reminder to the group, we are a contribution driven organization.   It
should not be assumed by anyone that work will just get done without
contributions to drive it.  Areas not moving forward will be brought to the
attention of the Study Group for consideration on how to address.

I look forward to seeing everyone in Huntington Beach in January. My thanks
to George Zimmerman and CME Consulting for hosting!  Please feel free to
contact me if you have any questions.

Regards,

Steve

Steven B. Carlson
Acting Chair, Multi-Gig Automotive Ethernet PHY Study Group
Executive Secretary, IEEE 802.3 Ethernet Working Group
http://www.ieee802.org/3/index.html
President
High Speed Design, Inc.
Portland, OR