[802.3_NGBASET] IEEE 802.3bq November Plenary Call for Presentations

Highlights:

Deadline for requesting presentations: 11:59pm Friday November 1, 2013 AOE

Deadline for submitting presentations: 11:59pm Tuesday November 5, 2013 AOE

Hello 802.3bq!

The IEEE P802.3bq 40GBASE-T Task Force will be meeting at the IEEE 802 November Plenary, which will be held the week of November 11th in Dallas, TX, USA.  The Task Force will be meeting Tuesday and Wednesday, November 12-13.

Contributions are solicited that lead us to adopting a baseline proposal which fulfills our objectives.

Registration and meeting details may be found at http://802world.org/plenary    You are strongly encouraged to make your reservations as soon as possible.

Requests for presentation time must be made two Fridays preceding the meeting.  For the November meeting, requests for presentation time shall be made to me at david.chalupsky@xxxxxxxxx  and must be made by Nov 1, 2013.  The presenter shall e-mail a PDF, soft-copy version of the presentation to me at david.chalupsky@xxxxxxxxx by Tuesday of the week preceding the meeting.  For the November meeting presentations must be submitted by Nov 5, 2013 Please copy our vice-chair, Bill Woodruff at billw@xxxxxxxxxxxx on your requests and presentation submittal.

In  your presentation request email, please include the following information;

Title of Presentation

Abstract  -  (a brief abstract is greatly appreciated to help organize our meeting)

Time Requested

Presenter, Affiliation

Co-Author(s), Affiliation(s)

File name conventions

Please use the following convention for the presentation file name:

Filename: presentername_3bq_nn_mmyy.pdf

Where nn=01 for your first presentation and is incremented for presentation by the same author.

Presentation updates should be indicated by an alpha suffix to the presentation number.  Example an update to 01 is 01a.

Presentations should be kept to 20 minutes in duration, excluding time for questions and answers.  Requests for presentation time greater than 20 minutes will be considered on a case-by-case basis, and the requestor should contact the chair to justify the additional time.  Furthermore, I encourage individuals to use the Task Force reflector to reach out to others in the spirit of consensus building.

As a reminder, please make sure that all requests for presentations or submissions of presentation material have no restrictive notices at the bottom of the email.  All such emails will be refused and requests / presentations will not be acknowledged.

Anyone wishing to present, please provide the following information (per Procedure for Presenters web page):

http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/bq/public/presentproc.html

Also, to support the web site search tool used by the IEEE P802.3 web site the 'Document Information' fields of the PDF file must be completed as follows:

Title: Title of presentation

Author: Name(s) of author(s)

Subject: IEEE P802.3bq 40GBASE-T Task Force

As a reminder to the group, we are a contribution driven organization.   It should not be assumed by anyone that work will just get done without contributions to drive it.

I look forward to seeing everyone in Dallas!

Best Regards,

David Chalupsky

Chair, IEEE P802.3bq 40BASE-T Task Force