[802.3_OMEGA] 22 Feb Teleconference update

Colleagues,

Thank you to all that participated on our 22 Feb 2022 teleconference!  We made important progress!

For those that weren’t on the call, the Task Force approved initiating a “PAR Split” to divide the work on Multi-Gigabit Optical Automotive Ethernet into two projects.  I had an action item to update the project documents we reviewed at the end of the call.  That is done, and Mr. Pardo has posted our updated documents to the 15-22 Feb Interim TF meeting page in the P802.3cz public area.  The next step is to get IEEE 802.3 and IEEE 802 Executive Committee approvals of the proposed modifications of P802.3cz and proposed new P802.3dh project documents, during the March plenary.

We also adopted a P802.3cz/D1.3 draft, and approved submitting it for March plenary IEEE 802.3 preview.  The 802.3 WG will in March be asked to approve WG ballot on P802.3cz.

My sincere thanks to everyone that contributed to this important progress!

Robert M. (Bob) Grow
Chair, P802.3cz Multi-Gigabit Optical Automotive Ethernet (OMEGA) Task Force