[802.3_OMEGA] P802.3cz/D3.01 SA ballot

Colleagues;

The initial IEEE SA ballot on P802.3cz/D3.01 has opened.  The ballot will close 23:59 UTC-12 on 02 Oct 2022.  The draft and related ballot information is available to those that joined the SA ballot group via the myProject system.  The draft is available to other P802.3cz TF participants in the private area using either TF or WG login credentials.

FYI, IEEE staff rejected the initial request to open our ballot because the draft title did not exactly match the title on our modified PAR.  As this exact match test is an identified issue within IEEE SA governance, and consultation with the WG Chair, it was chosen to produce D3.01, to facilitate ballot opening, and to distinguish from the already posted D3.0.  The only differences are the draft number, date and title compared to D3.0.

We are required to consider all comments received when the SA ballot is open.  For those not in the SA ballot group, if you wish to review and submit comments, it will simplify comment processing if I submit those comments to the MyProject system.

1.  If outside the ballot group, comments will need to be submitted to bob.grow@xxxxxxxx by 30 Sep 2022.  (If you joined the SA ballot group, please submit your vote and comments via the myProject system.)

2.  Please prepare your comments using either the myProject or WG comment spreadsheet.

3.  I will add an identification of the commenter at the beginning of the comment to distinguish them from my own comments.

4,  As comments from outside the SA ballot group, the comments will be marked "Must be Satisfied = No”.  ("Must be Satisfied" is the equivalent of “Required” / “R” in our comment processing database tool.)

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply to the reflector, or contact me directly.

Robert M. (Bob) Grow
Chair, P802.3cz Multi-Gigabit Optical Automotive Ethernet (OMEGA) Task Force