[802.3_SPMD] upcoming meeting and website update

All, this message is to remind you that we have a TF meeting scheduled on Monday November 8, 2021. It is to start at 11AM ET OR at the completion of the opening Plenary meeting, whichever is later.

The agenda is presentations that I expect to receive, along review and approval of two liaison letters.

Topics I expect to see presentations on: connector embedded inductance to compensate for Cnode (continued conversation), an editor’s report, and these open items from the work items list: Hot insertion, removal and ramifications, power specifications, specifications, Startup Sequence, Reach extension / validation, Backwards compatible noise immunity (e.g., FEC), LLDP infrastructure, Sleep/standby/EEE/EEE signaling, Failure modes and preferred behavior, Definition of backward compatibility  / review of backward compatibility objective

Additionally, I posted the minutes for the Oct 20 meeting last Friday and neglected to announce it. Please take a few moments to review the minutes as we will look to approve them on Nov 8.

Reminder, I also opened a review cycle late on Friday. Please take the time to review the draft, providing comments that we will process in the second meeting of this Plenary session on Nov 17.

Regards,

Chad Jones

Technical Leader, Cisco Systems

Chair, IEEE P802.3da Task Force