[802.3_NGEPON] Comment # 552 againse D2.21

I take issue with the proposed response to this comment:

NOTE-Persistently disabling all downstream channels in an ONU makes that ONU nonoperational and may require ONU replacement or a specific re-initialization via a local craft port. Persistently disabling all upstream channels in an ONU (but not all downstream channels) also makes that ONU non-operational. However, it may be possible to reinitialize such ONU remotely. Both the remote and the local re-initialization procedures are outside the scope of this standard.

I do not see how the following statement can be true "However, it may be possible to reinitialize such ONU remotely".  First off the persistent nature of the action requires reprovisioning, not simply a reset, remote or otherwise.  The standard clearly states that if the US channel is disabled the ONU should be de-registered and require a new Discovery.  Once de-registered the ONU should only listen for Discovery windows per the draft.  How then can this statement be true? "  if the OLT and ONU are compliant with the standard? I would be OK with the following:

"NOTE-Persistently disabling all downstream or all upstream channels in an ONU makes that ONU nonoperational and may require ONU replacement or a specific re-initialization via a local craft port."

--
Duane Remein
Raleigh, NC