[802.3_10SPE] Proposed responses, EZ bucket on draft 1p3 posted - PLEASE REVIEW

The editor’s proposed responses to the comments on draft 1.3 have been posted to the comments area.  While there are not that many EZ comments this time, many of the comments are relatively simple to fill in, or are subordinate to the 2 significant issues left for us to decide (OAM and proposals on the preamble).

Please review the comments prior to the meeting, as we only have 1.5 days.

As usual, please email if you would like any of the “EZ” comments removed from the EZ bucket.  Timeliness is especially important this time.  If we are to go to working group ballot, the editors will need to turn the draft, including comments before the closing plenary on Thursday.  As such, it would be nice to get them pre-started as much as possible.

Please let us know of any EZ comments you would like pulled for discussion before July 3 – a week from today. (so, July 2 – AoE).  Email the reflector and please copy Valerie Maguire and myself.

Additionally, please take a look over the “Comment Breakdown” I have provided, giving my opinion of the issue addressed on each comment, and its topic.  You will note that I have also marked comments “simple”.  Those are comments, that in review, appeared to be relatively straightforward and there were not competing proposals.  If you suspect you’ll have an issue with any of those proposed responses, please let us know by email, also by July 3.  Just a simple heads up on the comment number will be OK.  We plan to move through those comments quickly.   If we can know which of those comments may be controversial, our editors may be able to get a start on the noncontroversial ones as well.

Thank you for your efforts preparing for the upcoming meeting, and looking forward to seeing you in San Diego!

George Zimmerman, Ph.D.

Technical Committee Chair, Ethernet Alliance

Chair, IEEE P802.3cg 10 Mb/s Single Twisted Pair Ethernet Task Force

Principal Member, NFPA – NEC Code Making Panel 3 for Ethernet Alliance

President & Principal

CME Consulting, Inc.

george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

310-920-3860