[EFM] Preliminary comment report

Dear Members of the IEEE 802.3ah EFM Task Force, and
the IEEE 802.3 CSMA/CD Working Group,

I am pleased to report that the third sponsor recirculation
ballot on IEEE Draft P802.3ah/D3.3 closed and passed with the
following results:

99 eligible voters
86 ballots returned (86% return)
76 affirmative votes (95% affirmative)
  4 negative votes
  6 abstention votes (7% abstention)

The remaining disapprove balloters are Booth, Grow, James and Thompson.
Booth has conveyed his satisfaction with the resolutions for three
of his previously unresolved "TR" comments.

One new comment was received. It is an editorial comment from
Burkart Schneiderheinze. It applies to Clause 45.

Two comments were submitted by David James along with his new
disapprove ballot. They concern the process we followed in considering
the comments he submitted on the 2nd recirculation.

A report containing the comments as well as proposed responses can be
found at the following URL:

http://www.ieee802.org/3/efm/public/comments/d3_3/D3_3_prelim_report.pdf

As previously announced, we will hold a (hopefully brief) conference
call to consider these comments. Dialing information is as follows:

Date/Time: May 12, 2004, 09:30 AM America/Los_Angeles (PDT)
MeetingID: 802324

Meeting Access Phone Numbers:
Local San Jose & International : 408-902-7866
Domestic Toll Free (Outside San Jose ONLY) : 866-902-7866

I am also pleased to report that the 802 Executive Committee has approved
a motion to grant conditional approval to forward our draft to RevCom.

My congratulations to all of you.

Howard Frazier
Chair, IEEE 802.3ah EFM Task Force