Re: [802.3_DIALOG] Updates in relation to the IEEE 802.3 May 2017 interim meeting
- To: STDS-802-3-DIALOG@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [802.3_DIALOG] Updates in relation to the IEEE 802.3 May 2017 interim meeting
- From: "Law, David" <dlaw@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 24 May 2017 16:47:20 +0000
- Accept-language: en-GB, en-US
- Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: best guess record for domain of dlaw@xxxxxxx designates 188.8.131.52 as permitted sender) smtp.mailfrom=dlaw@xxxxxxx
- Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; h=mime-version:content-transfer-encoding:spamdiagnosticmetadata :spamdiagnosticoutput:content-language:accept-language:message-id :date:thread-index:thread-topic:subject:cc:to:from :arc-authentication-results; bh=eMohvOseK2vOLRhOPAAxHlSKePsIc/3ax1P7EDpKE2g=; b=yV3g5E79fWDZ6Ka4LvROCEKYPzDXXCNLmHBlDmVw8ZdFkJiMWNu4cVHIWpqlWjxMZo sL1/bBJmWx8tM/Ks25poDCF56gNwsYwzqm+3v8NHN7BgJ2bTnyVOyeosCNRT1mlIQbmu CsGnT7vKmP8Y4j0n85Z6xzWJk1MfUDkdQ+8b+qdioY8tff2pexvkg5RQolB4O+RwNd7m HJFJ3idedEndu8WDU/y/mHADH7ryMg4bN99fGNLqQlStcdOamBTF5K9dIpCt/z0PmudX y3zONvwKrdB5kavXlwCIVa7xMQd4f+GDTXxYPSKhsPcNf6Gzyfqb+mo5kSgObU/TqKZu 2WzQ==
- Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; t=1495644490; cv=none; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; b=ApYFAwUikTsKBX9Ql8m7Q43EQ62UVh0+sBHp7eL1cPIO6W0uJaJ5oP55Hip6xBH3xJ C6uLkSPvqanUY7ukbdubWjSaAX0HAqRu4n5GA9YLNea2FY8/5N7zs+tlrXorFrE83U6N sC5cAixy3Y3NGnMDrIQ3n4lAYO3X2700UmsR9dBaKlov8PsKOY5Ov29pQanpv9MjHJOi LY7aqGcoEWYWp56LbAjJ11P7lEqHuJ3pwUFioYU+SwABcav0rP0McR4fH0ljjwWfvplr C4/nr0g8MRuzqJLKi9ATh/m5vTxDcxSMJN1Kf7Ge6vzSGLm+GMu33zpPA1VqemSU54gt aewA==
- Delivered-to: mhonarc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- List-help: <https://listserv.ieee.org/cgi-bin/wa?LIST=STDS-802-3-DIALOG>, <mailto:LISTSERV@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG?body=INFO%20STDS-802-3-DIALOG>
- List-owner: <mailto:STDS-802-3-DIALOG-request@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- List-subscribe: <mailto:STDS-802-3-DIALOG-subscribe-request@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:STDS-802-3-DIALOG-unsubscribe-request@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- Reply-to: "Law, David" <dlaw@xxxxxxx>
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
- Thread-index: AdLSfZTgLmwIC27kQNG8T1VwVqGjAQCLeQNQ
- Thread-topic: Updates in relation to the IEEE 802.3 May 2017 interim meeting
I have one further update below in respect to the IEEE 802.3 May 2017 interim meeting taking place on the evening of Thursday 25th May 2017. The most up to date agenda for the interim can be accessed at <http://www.ieee802.org/3/minutes/may17/index.html>.
We have received a liaison letter from the Ethernet Alliance in respect to the formation of the Ethernet Alliance PoE certification program <http://www.ieee802.org/3/minutes/may17/incoming/EA_to_IEEE_802d3_May_2017.pdf>. I have therefore asked the IEEE P802.3bt DTE Power via MDI over 4-Pair Task Force to review the letter, and if required, create a draft response for consideration at the IEEE 802.3 interim.
From: Law, David
Sent: 22 May 2017 02:05
To: IEEE 802.3 Working Group <stds-802-3@xxxxxxxx> <stds-802-3@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Updates in relation to the IEEE 802.3 May 2017 interim meeting
I want to provide a few updates in relation to the IEEE 802.3 May 2017 interim meeting taking place on the evening of Thursday 25th May 2017. For this, and all other meetings, please see the online schedule <https://eainterim.sched.com/>.
ITU-T SG15 Standardization Work Plans
Based on the next meeting of ITU-T SG15, it is now time for us to provide updates to the ITU-T SG15 Access Network Transport (ANT), Home Network Transport (HNT) and Optical Transport Network Technology (OTNT) standardisation work plans. I have therefore asked Marek Hajduczenia, Bob Grow, and Steve Trowbridge respectively to create draft IEEE 802.3 liaison letters to ITU-T SG15 to provide these updates for consideration at the IEEE 802.3 interim. If you would like to provide input on these letters prior to the IEEE 802.3 interim please contact these individuals directly.
Broadband Forum to IEEE 802.3 on Flex Ethernet for IP/MPLS Networks
We have received a liaison letter from the Broadband Forum in respect to Flex Ethernet for IP/MPLS Networks <http://www.ieee802.org/3/minutes/may17/incoming/BBF_to_IEEE_802d3_May_2017.pdf>. I have therefore asked the IEEE 802.3 New Ethernet Applications Ad Hoc to review the letter, and if required, create a draft response for consideration at the IEEE 802.3 interim.
NFPA NEC Correlating committee
I have received an email from Michael Johnston, chair of the NFPA NEC Correlating Committee, suggesting that we set up a liaison between IEEE 802.3 and the NFPA NEC Correlating committee. I have therefore asked the IEEE 802.3 SCC18 Ad Hoc to create a draft IEEE 802.3 liaison letter to NFPA NEC Correlating committee in respect to this, for consideration at the IEEE 802.3 interim.
OIF CEI-56G-MR-PAM and CEI-56G-LR-PAM project progress
We have received a project update liaison letter from the OIF <http://www.ieee802.org/3/minutes/may17/incoming/OIF_to_IEEE_P802d3bs_cd_Apr_2017.pdf> in respect to the OIF CEI-56G-MR-PAM and CEI-56G-LR-PAM projects. As this letter was addressed to the IEEE P802.3bs and IEEE P802.3cd Task Forces, with a CCed to the IEEE 802.3 Working Group, the letter and attachments <http://www.ieee802.org/3/private/liaison_docs/OIF/oif2014.245.10.pdf>, <http://www.ieee802.org/3/private/liaison_docs/OIF/oif2014.380.06.pdf> are provided an information item.