[802.3_DIALOG] Ethernet Bandwidth Assessment Report Available

All,

This morning David Law announced the results of the IEEE 802.3 Working Group electronic ballot that included the approval of the Ethernet Bandwidth Assessment Part II.  The report was approved.

The editorial team, led by our chief editor, Tom Issenhuth, have the finished report available online - http://www.ieee802.org/3/ad_hoc/bwa2/BWA2_Report.pdf.

This was a very long 18 month effort and I am glad to see this report finally available.  I want to thank Tom Issenhuth & Matt Brown for their excellent work, John Lewis for his help with the NEA, all of our contributors, and all of the individuals who participated in the meetings and review of the drafts.

I also want to announce that I will be working in the IEEE 802.3 NEA Ad hoc to start work on a “Call-For-Interest” for a study group on “Beyond 400 GbE”  The first meeting will be Thursday, April 30, 2020 10am to noon ET.  I will send out the formal announcement of the meeting over the weekend.

Best Regards & Keep Safe!

John D’Ambrosia

Chair, IEEE 802.3 NEA Ad Hoc