[STDS-802-3-MAINT] [P802.3cq] revisiting MR1322

All, recall that we considered this comment (attached Maintenance Request) against D1.1. As a result we deprecated 33.5: (NOTE—33.5 has been deprecated. Since May 2019, maintenance changes are no longer being considered for this sub- clause. ).

We thought this solved the problem but a discussion with Marek reveals that it hasn’t. YANG was written against a version of 802.3 that predates the AT amendment (so pre-2009) and contains pointers to things that no longer exist in the Clause 33 state diagram, specifically ERROR_DELAY_OVER and ERROR_DELAY_SHORT. Clause 33 incorrectly calls these non-existent states. The MR was merely helping us identify orphaned references and how to fix them.

Please review the attached MR in light of this explanation. I will file a comment against D3.1 reflecting the MR rationale and suggested revision.

Chad Jones

Technical Leader, Cisco Systems

Chair, IEEE P802.3cq Task Force

Acting Chair, IEEE P802.3cv Task Force