Result of the Sponsor Ballots of 802.11a and 802.11b

Colleagues,

Both ballots passed and are going out for reconfirmation shortly.

802.11a
-------------
Number of people in Ballot Group of 802.11a : 92
Number of votes received : 86
Return ratio = 93 % (required >= 75 %)
(Number of people without e-mail-confirmation :4)
Approved without comments : 66
Approved with comments : 11
Disapproved with comments : 2
Approval ratio = 97 % (required => 75 %)
Abstain (Lack of Time) : 4
Abstain (Lack of Expertise) : 3
Abstain (Other) : 0
Abstention ratio = 8 % (required < 30 %)

We still have 4 comments for disapproval. We are still waiting for two
commenters to let us know which resolution they accept now that they can see
the revised drafts.

802.11b
------------
Number of people in Ballot Group of 802.11b : 93
Number of votes received : 86
Return ratio = 92 % (required >= 75 %)
(Number of people without e-mail-confirmation :5, one apologized after
closure)
Approved without comments : 66
Approved with comments : 5
Disapproved with comments : 8
Approval ratio = 89 % (required => 75 %)
Abstain (Lack of Time) : 3
Abstain (Lack of Expertise) : 4
Abstain (Other) : 0
Abstention ratio = 8 % (required < 30 %)

We still have 36 comments for disapproval. We are still waiting for four
commenters to let us know which resolution they accept now that they can see
the revised drafts.

Then we will start the reconfirmation on Monday June 7.

Regards.
Vic Hayes,
Chair, IEEE P802.11, Standards WG for Wireless Local Area Networks
Lucent Technologies Nederland B.V.
Zadelstede 1-10
3431 JZ  Nieuwegein
The Netherlands
voice phone number: +31 30 6097528 (Time Zone UTC+1)
fax phone number: +31 30 609 7556
e-mail: vichayes@lucent.com