Re: IEEE 802 Rules Change Ballot--Elimination of Friday Plenary Meeting

Paul-

I would like to ask you to please re-edit the rules change. On my copy at
least it does not show the deleted text. I cannot support a process that
doesn't show the votes what they are giving up. Please reformulate the pdf
so it shows strikout as well as inserts.

Also, rather than have Buzz mail a 10K or larger attachment to a thousand
people I would hope that the PDF could be posted on the WEB site and that
Buzz would only mail the URL.

For the time being my vote is no on procedural grounds

Thanks,

Geoff

At 04:51 PM 4/14/00 -0400, Paul Nikolich wrote:
>Dear SEC,
>
>Attached you will find proposed text for the IEEE Rules change to eliminate
>the Friday plenary meeting (Bob Grow thanks for providing the edits).
>
>The ballot opens today (April 14th 5pm EDT) and closes June 1st 5pm EDT.
>
>Buzz, per our rules, rules change ballots are to be distributed to all 802
>attendees--please foward this email to the 802 list.
>
>Regards,
>
>--Paul
>

>Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\abolish fri plen rules ballot.PDF"

|=========================================|
| Geoffrey O. Thompson                    |
| Chair IEEE 802.3                        |
| Nortel Networks, Inc.  M/S SC5-02       |
| 4401 Great America Parkway              |
| P. O. Box 58185                         |
| Santa Clara, CA 95052-8185  USA         |
| Phone: +1 408 495 1339                  |
| Fax:   +1 408 495 5615                  |
| E-Mail: gthompso@nortelnetworks.com     |
| Please see the IEEE 802.3 web page at   |
  http://www.ieee802.org/3/index.html