Re: Projectors NOT COOKIES

Amen.  Cookies are a Good Thing.  They restore our blood sugar, cause friendly
endorphins to flow, and if there is chocolate in them, their caffeine perks up
our brain cells.  Those with a macho attitude toward midafternoon nourishment
should note that the cookies enable meetings to run longer in the afternoon
because people are less anxious to get dinner.  This factor alone means that the
cookies pay for themselves.

But the price does look excessive.  Since Buzz has been so successful in
negotiating hotel rates with the Hyatt's national sales office, perhaps we could
authorize him or Dawn to negotiate a continuing contract with the national
office of Mrs. Fields' Cookies or an equivalent provider.  Any leftovers from a
guaranteed quantity can be served at the Thurday evening EC meeting.

In considering "projectors or cookies" I conclude that the projectors probably
pay for themselves as well.  In the past we handed out probably 25 lbs. of
documents per attendee, usually  generated at local copy shops.  With projectors
and networked servers, this is unnecessary, and the savings can be applied to
purchase of additional projectors.

Happy munching,
Jim