Re: 802 Actions

At 09:12 15/11/00 -0600, Jim Carlo wrote:

>WG Chairs: don't forget to post your working Group summaries on your WEB
>page. This is per the rules change we made eliminating the Friday plenary
>meeting.
>
>Buzz, please upload the March meeting Registration information, ASAP.
>
>Howard has committed to have the minutes posted by end of week.
>
>Jim Carlo(jcarlo@ti.com) Cellular:1-214-693-1776 Voice&Fax:1-214-853-5274
>TI Fellow, Networking Standards at Texas Instruments
>Vice Chair, IEEE-SA Standards Board
>Chair, IEEE802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee

Jim -

The requirement stated in the rules is:

"Each Working Group, Technical Advisory Group, and Executive Committee
Study Group Chair
shall provide a status report to the SEC Recording Secretary no later than
9AM Friday morning
of the Plenary meeting week. This status report shall include a description
of the progress made
during the week, as well as plans for further work and future meetings. The
Recording Secretary
shall post these status reports on the 802 web page no later than one week
after the close of the
Plenary meeting."

The WG chairs are not required to post anything on any web pages - just to
give their reports to Howard. (Sorry Howard...;-)

By the way, section 2 of the rules manages to confuse at least 4 different
terms:

- The standards committee plenary
- The opening plenary meeting
- The plenary meeting
- The plenary session

As stated, it looks like the requirement placed on the Recording Sec is to
post the summaries no later than one week after the close of the opening
plenary, not the close of the plenary session.

Regards,
Tony.