From: pat_thaler@agilent.com [mailto:pat_thaler@agilent.com]
Sent: Friday, December 08, 2000 12:47 PM
To: jcarlo@ti.com; stds-802-sec@ieee.org
Subject: RE: Update from Standards Board

Jim and Geoff,

Something occurred to me about the withdrawn 802.12 standards. While we are
withdrawing them as IEEE standards, the base standard and 802.12d form
ISO/IEC 8802-12 and the ISO/IEC standard still exists. It has a 1998 date so
it runs out in 2003 (if my recollection of a 5 year review cycle is
correct). This may be the first time we have withdrawn an IEEE 802 standard
that is also an ISO/IEC standard. It seems that either IEEE needs to keep it
available as an ISO/IEC standard or action needs to be take to withdraw it
as an ISO/IEC standard.

What do you recommend?

Regards,
Pat