RE: Interim Meeting Agreement

Jim:

Your comment that we might want to get someone else to perform Buzz's role
raises a number of concerns.  While I don't object to someone else getting
involved, without significant involvement by Buzz and me, there will be a
huge learning curve for making this meeting compliant with IEEE
requirements.  As the person primarily responsible for getting us through an
audit, I cannot decouple from a meeting that is backed by the 802 Treasury.

To not jepordize our ability to cleanly pass our CY2001 audit, I think the
following list must be followed.  I agree with you that all of us probably
assumed Face-to-Face would be doing the meeting, and if so, most of the
requirements below would naturally be followed. There are though some unique
problems also addressed in this list (an doubtless others I haven't yet
thought of).

1.  The meeting planning is not covered under the existing Face-to-Face
contract.  I expect that Buzz and I at a minimum should review the contract
with one of us signing it.  Face-to-Face could simply reference the existing
contract with appropriate adjustments to the financial terms.

2.  To the best of my knowledge, Buzz is the only person that has been
signing hotel contracts.  Unless the Exec explicitly approves another 802
officer, Buzz should sign the contract for this meeting.  Obviously, the
contract has to accomodate IEEE meeting guidelines.

3.  If credit applications need to be completed, I should complete them.

4.  Other services requiring a contract should be executed by Jim, Buzz or
I.  I strongly recommend the use of existing contractors to reduce the work
load from this (Kinko's, Xerox, etc.)

5.  All contracts need to be placed on file with similar 802 plenary meeting
records, they will have to be included in the 2001 audit.

6.  In the absence of other guidelines for the handling of funds, the same
rules need to apply as those used for plenary meetings.  I would ask the
meeting registration report be on the same daily close-out spreadsheet (with
necessary adjustments for registratin fee).  Credit card payments should be
processed though our existing merchant account.  I will need to come to an
agreement with my surogate on the handling of checks and cash, but they will
be processed through the 802 checking account as will all payments.

7.  All invoiced items must be approved for payment using similar processes
to our plenary meetings.  I/surrogate will need to be able to work directly
with and expect support from the meeting planner to resolve any invoice
disputes.

8.  I will classify all expenses related to the meeting as I do for a
plenary meeting.  The surplus or deficit from the meeting will include
credit card discounts, shipping and other charges beyond the hotel costs.

--Bob Grow