Re: [802SEC] Standards Staff Discussions

>2) Received feedback on CD-ROM for 2001 from Jerry Walker. Financial impact
>of GetIEEE802 is difficult to assess. Downloads have been very high, but
>most renewals coming due the next month. Have received go-ahead for the
>CD-ROM program from IEEE Staff provided that only those standards on the
>GetIEEE802 list would be included. Also, license would be the same.
>Regarding the ballot we have taken, with a vote of
>6approve-1donotapprove-5didnotvote, we are marginal on passing the ballot
>per operating rules. I will talk to Paul Nikolich on Monday to determine
>status.

Jim,

The vote was based on the assumption that the CD-ROM would contain
"all IEEE 802 standards available at that point in time..." This was
in a note attached to the motion. The point was also raised during
the discussion.

So, now it seems that IEEE will prohibit the CD from including
standards not already  on the web. This does change the picture.

Roger