From: Quist, Judith [mailto:Judith.Quist@itu.int]
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2001 4:10 AM
To: 'steve.joiner@ignisoptics.com'; 'gb@iec.ch'; 'j.carlo@ieee.org'
Cc: 'maeda@ansl.ntt.co.jp'; 'wery@nortelnetworks.com';
'brian@bwmc.demon.co.uk'; Zhao, Houlin; Bigi, Fabio
Subject: Workshop on IP/Optical (Chitose, Japan, 9-11 July 2002)

Dear Colleagues,

I am writing to you on behalf of the Management Team to make you aware, in
advance, of the Workshop on IP/Optical, scheduled to take place in Chitose,
Japan from 9-11 July 2002.

This workshop, organized by ITU-T in the framework of new initiatives to
enhance the IP and OTN projects carried out by our SGs 13 and 15, aims also
to involve other Study Groups and SDOs in these projects.

The key topics and draft workshop structure are attached.

As you can see, the workshop will be free of charge also for non ITU-T
members.  I am therefore inviting you (or  your representative) to make a
presentation at the opening session by illustrating in a 20-minute
presentation, the studies and vision of your organization on IP/Optical
studies.  The Session Coordinators may contact directly, representatives of
your organization to seek contributions for their respective sessions.

Similarly, IEC, IEEE and OIF representatives may also contact directly the
Session Coordinators.  The addresses of the Session Coordinators ae given in
the SGs 13 and 15 website (management-team/list of rapporters):

http://www.itu.int/ITU-T/studygroups/com13/mgmt.html
http://www.itu.int/ITU-T/studygroups/com13/rapporteurs.html
http://www.itu.int/ITU-T/studygroups/com15/mgmt.html
http://www.itu.int/ITU-T/studygroups/com15/rapporteurs.html

The guidelines for Session Coordinators are attached:

I should therefore be grateful if you could share this information with the
relevant groups in your organization.

I wish to draw your attention, in particular, to the fact that it is our
intention to post the convening letter for this workshop by
28 March 2002 at the latest.  Information on the workshop will be posted in
our ITU-T website at the following address:
(http://www.itu.int/ITU-T/worksem/index.html).

Hoping to receive a favourable response from you, I remain at your disposal
for any further information needed.

Yours sincerely,

Fabio Bigi
Advisor to the TSB Director

 <<key topics.doc>>        <<guidelines.doc>>

key topics.doc

guidelines.doc