Re: [802SEC] Re: IEEE Standards and Certification

I received a phone call from them and explicitly let them know that any
attempt to brand an IEEE certification needs to be done in a way that
eliminates any potential confusion between the certification and an IEEE 802
Standard.  I told them any confusion based on the different programs not
branded in very distinct ways would serve to discredit IEEE's standards
development programs and undercut IEEE's objectives there.  It seems that
this is the most important message that we need to get through to them
independent of the questions they ask.

If we don't like the questions and all change them to the important
questions to ask, and then answer those, it will give a strong message to
IEEE.  We can probably have the most impact by proactively helping them with
question formulation, and then providing the answers.

Best regards,

Robert D. Love
Chair, Resilient Packet Ring Alliance
President, LAN Connect Consultants
7105 Leveret Circle     Raleigh, NC 27615
Phone: 919 848-6773       Mobile: 919 810-7816
email: rdlove@ieee.org          Fax: 208 978-1187