From: Hayes, Vic (Vic) [mailto:vichayes@agere.com]
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2002 1:29 AM
To: Grow, Bob; 802.0 reflector
Subject: RE: [802SEC] Concerns about EC process

Bob,

I agree with you in general. We should redo the whole rules document and
base it on the templates from IEEE, taking the good things from it, and
pollinate it with all the good stuff we have in our rules.

For the 2 ballots I did:

When I researched the actions I had to take, I found the problem of having
no way to reach 802. I found that the 802-all list is only maintained on
voluntarily basis.

However, I did the next best thing: I sent the 2 rules changes to the
reflectors of .1, .3, .11, .15 and .16. I forgot .17, though. (In fact, I
asked the Chairs (via 802SEC reflector) to send the material to their
constituency, but I did not see a message on the .1, .13, .11 and .15, so I
took the initiative to do it myself......)

In the ballot e-mail, I included a file with the responses from that
distribution. the most striking comment came from .3 members asking to make
the new PAR requirement applicable to all projects, not only wireless.

Fos details, see below.

Vic Hayes
Agere Systems Nederland B.V., formerly Lucent Technologies
Zadelstede 1-10
3431 JZ  Nieuwegein, the Netherlands
Phone: +31 30 609 7528 (Time Zone UTC + 1)
FAX: +31 30 609 7498
e-mail: vichayes@agere.com
http://www.orinocowireless.com/