[802SEC] FW: BOUNCE stds-802-sec@majordomo.ieee.org: Non-member submission from ["Roger B. Marks" <marks@boulder.nist.gov>]

Forwarded for Roger.

 -Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-stds-802-sec@majordomo.ieee.org
[mailto:owner-stds-802-sec@majordomo.ieee.org]
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2002 6:50 AM
To: owner-stds-802-sec@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject: BOUNCE stds-802-sec@majordomo.ieee.org: Non-member submission from
["Roger B. Marks" <marks@boulder.nist.gov>]

From owner-stds-802-sec@ieee.org Thu Feb 28 09:49:56 2002
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 07:49:54 -0700
To: stds-802-sec@majordomo.ieee.org
From: "Roger B. Marks" <marks@boulder.nist.gov>
Subject: Re: [802SEC] 15.2 PAR name change
Cc: shell@symbol.com
g1SEnvi10234

802.16 yields its reserved PAR-change agenda slot (for this meeting only!).

I have a question for the veterans among us:

Many other 802 standards include the term "specific requirements",
but I've never understood what it means. I'm wondering, for example,
if it has a particular meaning to ISO. I notice that some of the
802.1 standards use the term "Common speciÞcations" instead.

It occurs to me that "specific requirements" might not be the right
description of a "Recommended Practice".

By the way, I wonder if someone could explain the significance of:

"Information technology- Telecommunication and information exchange
between systems- "

Roger