From: Geoff Thompson [mailto:gthompso@nortelnetworks.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2002 10:45 AM
To: Matthew Sherman
Cc: 'stds-802-sec@ieee.org'; pat_thaler@agilent.com
Subject: Re: [802SEC] Note the Author of 802.11 / JEDEC article / editor of
Semiconduct or Business News

Mat-

RE: Thus there is some flexibility within IEEE to deal with companies that
attempt to "stack the deck".  But I should note that this rule is rarely
invoked, as it is rarely needed.

I trust that you realize that we are having this very problem at the moment.
Also I would note that in many instances in the past where there have been
suspicions of block voting, the chair has taken a straw poll by company.
The vast majority of the time the results of the straw poll do not inidcate
a different outcome.

Good luck,

Geoff