Re: [802SEC] Get802 program has been restored to former terms andconditions through May 15

(1) I don't see a need to pro-rate our contribution. The breakage of
the agreement affected the operation of the program for 0 days.

(2) I don't see how the existence of 802.3-2002, which is not in
GetIEEE802, would stimulate the removal of 802.3-2000 from
GetIEEE802. Obviously, our agreement with IEEE-SA doesn't specific
every detail, but this is one that I find to be well outside my
expectations.

(3) Since Mr. Thompson expresses concern for the program beyond May
15, I think we need to ask very carefully what we really get for our
money. If the program simply terminates, then the whole argument we
had at the last meeting is moot. In other words, the question of
whether the delay is 6 month or 12 months is irrelevant unless the
program operates at least six more months. If the program closes on
May 15, then we will be getting nothing at all for our money. In that
case, the only reason to give it away it because we have a commitment
to do so. Do we? I can't tell. Regarding that issue:

(4) I'd like to see the specific escrow motion we passed on March 15.
I don't think the minutes are out yet.

(5) I'd like a Treasurer's analysis of the following:

When we started the program a year ago, the basic idea was for us to
contribute $75/person/meeting on a continuing basis. However, we also
kicked in some older escrowed funds amounting to, I believe, two
meetings. Since the program was planned as a three-year pilot, I
understood that the escrowed funds were to supplement the program
over the three-year startup phase.

If I have my math right, the current proposed motion is to forward
the fee for the fourth meeting since we agreed to start the program.
Adding in the two escrowed meetings, I calculate that, if the motion
passes, we will be in for six meetings worth of donations. Now, if
the program ends on May 15, we will have gotten for our money exactly
one year of distribution. This means that we will have effectively
paid double: $75/person/meeting for six meetings, in return for one
year of distribution. Bob and/or Bill: do I have this right?

Roger