[802SEC] +++ SEC Rules Change Letter Ballot +++ Ballot on SEC electronic balloting

Dear SEC members,

Attached you will find the text for an SEC rules change letter ballot on SEC
Electronic Balloting.  Note that this letter ballot was originally approved
at the Friday March 15, 2002 plenary session, but was never sent out.  I had
to regenerate the text to be balloted from the minutes of the March SEC
meeting.  It happens there have been some minor updates to the text in
question based on more recent rules changes ("1st" has been inserted in
front of "Vice Chair").  Also the phrase "(or other Executive Committee
member designated by the LMSC Chair)" was not indicated as a change in the
March SEC meeting minutes, but is clearly added text.  Finally, I added an
editorial comma after "The Chair" in 3.4.2.1.  The text could probably be
improved with further such editorial, but I'll leave that for the rest of
you.

The scope and purpose of the changes being balloted is as follows:

Scope:  To improve the SEC process for electronic balloting.

Purpose: To facilitate the SEC consensus process.

The ballot opens August 27, 2002 and closes October 28, 2002 12 midnight EDT
(remember if you do not vote or abstain it is equivalent to a DISAPPROVE
vote).  Buzz, please ensure this gets sent to the "802ALL" email list as
well.  WG chairs, if you haven't already done so, please invite your WG
members to comment through you.

Regards,

Mat
 <<SEC e-ballot rules change.pdf>>