RE: [802SEC] Proposed Alternative to changing the rules forWGme mbership

Bob-

I would say that we could appropriately not grant credit for short notice
meetings. Short notice meetings generally only occur at the last stages of
a project during the last half of WG ballot or during sponsor ballot. If
someone is trying to use one of those meetings to gain initial voting
membership then it is not for the project that he is attending. The voting
membership for that project is:
         1) For WG ballot determined at vote to ballot.
         2) For Sponsor not a 802 membership issue.
Therefore they are going to meetings outside their interest focus just to
gain membership.

I don't think this is something that we have to include in our provisions.

I don't think we would lose anything by not issuing credit for short notice
meetings

Geoff