Re: [802SEC] Submission of P802.1s

Tony,

In my view, you do not need a Procedure 10 email ballot in order to proceed with your plans.

I am in a situation similar to yours. If all goes well, I have been planning to pre-submit to RevCom by the 1 November deadline without asking for SEC approval (conditional or otherwise). Then, in Hawaii, I will ask the SEC for approval to keep the draft on the RevCom agenda.

I have followed this procedure before, on Jim Carlo's recommendation, and other groups have as well. For instance, at the July 2001 SEC Closing Meeting, we were informed that 802.3ag would be pre-submitted for the November RevCom agenda and would be reviewed by the SEC in November. Then, at the November 2001 Opening SEC Meeting, we learned that 802.3ag was indeed on the RevCom agenda, along with 802.15.1 and 802.16. At the Friday Closing Meeting, the SEC approved keeping 802.15.1 and 802.16 on the RevCom agenda. {Curiously, the minutes don't seem to show a motion regarding 802.3ag, though the 802 project planning spreadsheet says we did approve it in November.}

In summary, pre-submission is an 802 tradition that is not prohibited by the rules does not preclude SEC review. I think you should go ahead.

Roger