From: Bill Quackenbush [mailto:billq@attglobal.net]
Sent: Friday, October 11, 2002 3:46 PM
To: IEEE 802 SEC
Subject: [802SEC] Motion to authorize additional projectors

Members of the SEC,

Projector #2 began behaving badly in New Orleans during the 802.1/.3/.17
interim meetings. (Don't think it was the food or the hurricane.)  We
are looking into whether it is economic repairable, but do not have an
answer yet.  In addition, Buzz tells me that even with a healthy
projection #2 we are still really one projector short.  In light of the
cost of renting lcd projectors, renting one or two makes no sense.  If
#2 is economically repairable,, it will be provide a ready spare in case
one of the other units takes a dive.

Therefore to ensure that we have enough projectors for Kauai and future
meetings, I make the following motion.

"That the 802 SEC authorized the purchase of two new lcd projectors, not
to exceed $2500 each plus taxes and shipping, and the repair of
projector #2, not to exceed $700 plus taxes and shipping."

Thanks,

wlq