[802SEC] Fwd: Draft TIA Unlicensed Spectrum Policy Statement

Carl-
FYI, if you have not seen this.
Geoff

>From: swhitesell@vtech.ca
>To: "TR-41.4" <tr414@tiacomm.org>
>Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 12:37:57 -0500
>Subject: Draft TIA Unlicensed Spectrum Policy Statement
>
>My apologies to several of you who will be receiving this more than
>once.  I was
>asked to include TR-41.4 and TR-41.4.4 on the distribution of the
>following and
>forgot to do so the first time around.  So if you were also included on one of
>the other lists, you will be getting it twice (maybe three times if you were
>also on my chairs list).
>
>Stephen R Whitesell
>Chair, TIA TR-41
>------ Forwarded by Steve Whitesell/ENG/VTNCAN/VTECH on 11/25/2002 12:34
>PM --------
>Steve Whitesell
>11/25/2002 12:08 PM
>
>To:   tr41@tiacomm.org, tr413@tiacomm.org, tr4139@tiacomm.org,
>       pbaker@polycom.com, rtbell@cisco.com, lbleile@espi.ca,
>       jrbress@asttechlabs.com, rbritt@nortelnetworks.com,
>       phillip.havens@teccor.com, Randolph.J.Ivans@us.ul.com,
>       ron.magnuson@ieee.org, dmckinnon@asttechlabs.com,
> anh.k.nguyen@us.ul.com,
>       john.shinn@sanmina.com, greg_slingerland@mitel.com,
>       tailey.tung@icn.siemens.com, harry.ecstech@csonline.net
>cc:
>
>Subject:  Draft TIA Unlicensed Spectrum Policy Statement
>
>As promised at the TR-41 Plenary meeting, here is the initial draft of the TIA
>unlicensed spectrum policy for your review and comment. I have already
>provided
>some verbal feedback indicating it seemed a little PCS (unlicensed services)
>oriented and needed to have a little more about ISM band usage (cordless
>telephones, etc.).
>
>If your company is a TIA General Member and you wish to get involved on this
>issue, you may want to provide your comments directly to Bill Belt at TIA
>(bbelt@tia.eia.org).  If not, you can send your comments to me and I will pass
>them along.
>
>I believe comments were requested by December 4.
>
>Stephen R Whitesell
>Chair, TIA TR-41
>
>(See attached file:
>PPC-SPWG-20021029-006_DRAFT_TIA_Unlicensed_Spectrum_Policy_Principals.doc)

PPC-SPWG-20021029-006_DRAFT_TIA_Unlicensed_Spectrum_Policy_Principals.doc

|=========================================|
| Geoffrey O. Thompson                    |
| Vice Chair,  IEEE 802                   |
| Nortel Networks, Inc.  M/S: P79/06/B04  |
| 4655 Great America Parkway              |
| P. O. Box 58185                         |
| Santa Clara, CA 95052-8185  USA         |
| Phone: +1 408 495 1339                  |
| Fax:   +1 408 495 5615                  |
| E-Mail: thompson@ieee.org               |
| Please see the IEEE 802 web page at     |