Re: [802SEC] +++ SEC Rules Change Letter Ballot +++ Ballot onRules Title Change

I vote Disapprove.

The change would introduce inconsistencies in the document; even the
document's many references to itself would be incorrect. These could
be addressed by the following changes:

*Footer on each page changed from "LMSC OPERATING RULES" to "LMSC
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES".

*In Clause 1, change "In the event of any conflict between these
rules and..." to "In the event of any conflict between this document
and..."

*Change title of Clause 3.6 from "Change of Rules" to "Change of
Policies and Procedures".

*Change opening of Clause 3.6 from "These rules of the operation of
the LMSC" to "These LMSC Policies and Procedures".

*Change title of 3.6.1 from "Initiation of Proposed Rules Changes" to
"Initiation of Proposed Changes to LMSC Policies and Procedures"

*Change title of 3.6.2 from "Executive Committee Action on Proposed
Rules Changes" to "Executive Committee Action on Proposed Changes to
LMSC Policies and Procedures"

*In 3.6.1 and 3.6.5, change "LMSC Operating Rules" to "LMSC Policies
and Procedures".

*In 3.6.1 (1b), strike the word "rule".

*In the last paragraph of 3.6.1, strike the word "rule".

*In the first line of 3.6.2, strike the word "rules".

*In the first line of 3.6.5, strike the word "rules".

*In the second sentence of the second paragraph of 3.6.5, strike the
word "rules".

*In the third sentence of the second paragraph of 3.6.5, change "the
rules" to "they".

*In the fourth sentence of the second paragraph of 3.6.5, strike
"rules" and "rule".

*Change 5.1.4.6 from:

"If Working Group operation conflicts with the LMSC Operating Rules,
then the LMSC Operating Rules shall take precedence."

"If Working Group operation conflicts with the LMSC Policies and
Procedures, then the LMSC Policies and Procedures shall take
precedence."

*In Condition 1 of Procedure 10, change "IEEE 802 Operating Rules" to
"LMSC Policies and Procedures" and change "current IEEE 802 Operating
Rule URL" to "current URL of the LMSC Policies and Procedures".

Roger