RE: [802SEC] Deadbeat rule change proposal

I agree with Geoff ... I don't think it was ever the intent to co-mingle
802 general/plenary funds with funds from/for interims.

The intent, as I understood/supported it, was to provide rules for the
uniform treatment/enforcement/punishment for deadbeats, whether
at plenaries or interims and regardless of whether those interims were
802-sponsored or WG-sponsored.

As I said in an earlier message, I've frankly lost track of the various
proposed wording changes, but I think the ideas are clear (at least
to me):

a) Provide uniform rules for the treatment/enforcement/punishment
of deadbeats, whether at 802 plenaries or 802.x WG/TAG interims,
including joint interims like the wireless WGs have been having.

b) Not co-mingle (non-802-sponsored) interim funds with 802
general/plenary funds.

I may still be an eternal optimist due to my short tenure on the
SEC, but it seems to me that we ought to be able to hammer out
language issues/nuances at our Sunday night rules meeting ...

Carl