Re: [802SEC] Should all IEEE 802 drafts coming for sale be a CLEAN file or should they be offered as they come (in the recirculation case, with changes marked)????

 > With this rule available, I do not believe that there is any doubt for
 > Angela to strongly push for streamlining the process to make ALL draft
 > standards available.

I would be vehemently opposed to any such policy, and I do
not believe that the CS rules require us to make rough, ragged,
early, incomplete, inaccurate, erroneous, half-baked,
non-sensical, premature, flaky, not-worth-the-pixels-they're
displayed-in, drafts available for sale.

We have a duty as members of a professional society to produce
professional quality work.  Our early attempts at creating
a draft standard may represent our best efforts at the time,
but they clearly do not represent anything close to the final
completed work.  We do not want to disseminate false information,
or set false expectations.  We are already grappling with the
problem of claims of conformance to draft documents, and this
problem would only get worse if all of our early work was
disseminated to the public.

For these reasons, I strongly support the policy of making
drafts available only after they have been issued in the form
of a WG ballot.  This should be the norm.  I have consulted
with some members of the IEEE-SA staff, and this is their
current understanding of our policy, and they think it is
sensible. Exceptions can be made on a case-by-case basis.

Howard Frazier