[802SEC] 802.10 PAR Withdrawal & Working Group Disbanding

Exec Members

The hibernating SILS Working Group has decided that it is in the best interests of the LMSC for us to:

1.	withdraw the proposed PAR that I submitted on May 29th to revise IEEE Std 802.10-1998.

2.	have a motion made on our behalf at the July Plenary to officially withdraw our three current standards, rather than reaffirm or revise them.  These are:
•	IEEE Std 802.10-1998
•	IEEE Std 802.10a-1999
•	IEEE Std 802.10c-1998

3.	have a motion made on our behalf at the July Plenary to officially disband the 802.10 SILS working group.

It has been a pleasure working with all of you as Chair of 802.10.  I hope that I and the other members of the SILS working group will be able to continue working constructively, as members of the 802.1 LinkSec Study Group, to develop an effective Layer 2 security standard.

Sincerely,

Ken Alonge