RE: [802.1] TGi use of OUI 00-00-00

Given this discussion and with respect to LLDP (802.1AB) and the
Organizationally Specific Attributes structure we are defining, perhaps IEEE
802 should allocate an OUI for 802 protocols, and then assign an EUI-48 for
each of the dot groups so their sets of attributes can be uniquely defined.
The downside of this is the extra overhead being passed around.

The single, "body that standardizes the protocol in which the OUI is used"
alternative to each dot group having their own OUI doesn't work for LLDP
where multiple sets of attributes may appear in the same frame.

Paul