From: owner-stds-rac@majordomo.ieee.org
[mailto:owner-stds-rac@majordomo.ieee.org]On Behalf Of David V James
Sent: Monday, October 06, 2003 12:24 PM
To: David Halasz; Geoff Thompson; Mike Moreton; Tony Jeffree; Johnston,
Dj; stds-802-11@ieee.org; IEEE 802.1; stds-rac@ieee.org;
stds-802-sec@ieee.org; millardo@dominetsystems.com; Hal.Keen@att.net
Subject: RE: Re: [802.1] TGi use of OUI 00-00-00

David,

>> Any objections to 802.11i changing the Suite selector to the following?

Not sure is this question was directed to myself (DVJ),
or simply forwarded as an observer. Assuming opinion
was requested:

Objection from DVJ as IEEE/RAC member:
  1) Distinctive numbers shold be EUI-48 based.
     a) More standard.
     b) Allows continued usage of IABs.
  2) The all zero OUI should not be used.
     This usage identifies Xerox as the authority for
     ensuring uniqueness of following dependentIDs,
     which is not the case.

DVJ

David V. James
3180 South Ct