RE: [802SEC] request for your views on attendance credit

Mark, et al,

I am not attempting to "single out" Mr. Trinkwon ... but
it's hard to avoid the fact that the current issue raised
by Roger relates to his attendance credits ...

Let me make it perfectly clear ... I would hold the same
view no matter whose attendance credit was at issue.

> First clarification, it is my understanding that credit can
> only be maintained by participating in 802.18 and not gained
> in a group in which one is not yet a member. So getting
> credit for 802.20 in March by attending 802.18 was not
> possible. So clearly that attendance would go to 802.16. So
> to that extend the 802.18 issue is a red herring.

Unless I missunderstand, the issue is "Did Mr. Trinkwon sign
in as attending 802.16 and/or 802.20 meeting slots during
which he was actually in 802.18?"  If I missunderstand the
issue, I apologize for my confusion, but that is my current
understanding of the issue based on Roger's message.

> With respect the issue of double dipping in 802.16 and 802.20
> as I have pointed out, from the public record it is obvious
> that several 802.16 members have done that and have gotten
> credit in 802.16. (I have not (yet) come to any conclusion on
> how to handle this).
>
> So I share your serious concern about this abuse but do
> expect David Trinkwon would be treated the same as others
> guilty of this infraction.

I would expect that others would be treated the same as well.

If there is any conclusive evidence of "double-dipping" *I*
would personally advocate voiding attendance credit in BOTH
groups in order to discourage the practice in the future.
(Again, this does NOT only apply to Mr. Trinkwon but to anyone
else as well.)

I hope that clairifies my view on the matter.

Regards,
Carl R. Stevenson
Chair, IEEE 802.18 Radio Regulatory Technical Advisory Group
610-965-8799 (home office)
610-712-3217 (fax mailbox)
610-570-6168 (cellphone)
Short Message Service: 6105706168@voicestream.net