From: owner-stds-802-sec@majordomo.ieee.org
[mailto:owner-stds-802-sec@majordomo.ieee.org] On Behalf Of Rigsbee,
Everett O
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2003 5:50 PM
To: 802 Exec
Cc: 802 @F2F Dawn S; 802 @F2F Jennifer Hull; Darcel Moro @F2F
Subject: [802SEC] Hello Houston ... We have touched-down safely in
Orlando !!!

Dear Colleagues,  I am happy to report that we have successfully
concluded our search for a replacement for the now defunct Hyatt
Orlando, and managed to get us a even better deal than we had to begin
with.  We are now in the process of signing final contracts for our
March 14-19, 2004 week with the Hilton WDW Resort, a 4-Diamond Disney
Resort inside the WDW Park Preserve, directly adjoining all of the
Downtown Disney Attractions (e.g. walking distance to the  Marketplace,
Pleasure Island, West Side, etc.) and providing continuous free shuttle
services to all of the Disney Theme Parks.

In addition to being a truly great resort, it is also an excellent
meeting site for us, providing sufficient sleeping rooms and meeting
space to do the entire plenary meeting on-site.  They have even offered
us a super deal for high-speed networks services for the week, so at a
rate of $135/night S/D with all of our usual concessions and upgrades
this is truly a Best-Buy for high season in Orlando.  We were very lucky
that we found such a property with this kind of space for our exact
week, but that did give us some additional negotiation leverage to get
such an excellent deal.

We will update our calendars and meeting announcements to reflect this
change of venue as soon as we have final signed contracts completed and
filed.

Thanx again for your support in helping us to get through this
unexpected crisis.  More news to follow soon.    :-)

Thanx,  Buzz
Dr. Everett O. (Buzz) Rigsbee
Boeing - SSG
PO Box 3707, M/S: 7M-FM