[802SEC] 802.20 appeal panel action: plan for EC action

Dear EC,

The voting process was developed by a group from 802 (me and Geoff), IEEE-SA
volunteer leadership (Jim Carlo) and staff (Karen Rupp.)  The goal of the
voting process is to comply with the direction given by the SAB appeal
panel.

My answers to BobO, Carl, Mike and Roger's questions/suggestions:

0) some members of the EC have recommended that confirmed officers take
office immediately (as opposed to the end of the session).   I recommend a
formal motion/decision be made by the EC on this point before the
confirmation votes.
1) any non-confirmation vote that does not have a rationale attached will
not be counted
2) it is up to the voter to decide how to accompany their rationale with
their vote for non-confirmation.  A valid ballot must contain an unambigous
vote (yes/no/abstain).  A valid non-confirmation vote must include a
rationale that can be read by the tally taker.  (Mike, to your point about
"I agree with what Mr. X said...etc."--the process cannot cover every
possible permutation of outcome--I expect the EC members to make every
effort to ensure each vote is valid)
3) I expect to follow a process as follows:  a motion will be made and
seconded to confirm a candidate, the candidate will be invited to give a
statement on their behalf (no more than 2 minutes), the EC will be given 5
minutes for Q&A&discusssion, the EC members submit their vote via paper
ballot, an IEEE-staff member will tally the ballots and announce the result
(3 minutes).
4) if an officer is not confirmed, the non-confirmation rationale(s) will be
given to the recording secy to be entered into the minutes.

I hope this clears up the questions.

--Regards,

--Paul