Re: [802SEC] +++EC Motion+++ Rules Change Ballot on Roll Call Votes

Geoff,

Lets assume for the sake of argument that you are correct, and
one cannot solve both issues with one remedy. Of the two
issues that have been highlighted - do you believe one to be
more important than the other in terms of arriving at a solution?

I personally believe that the second issue is both of more immediate
importance and higher importance to 802 in allowing us to develop
standards in a timely fashion.

One solution to 1) that does not involve P&P changes is for groups
that are particularly concerned with the issue adopt the use of
voting tokens as part of their own P&P.

While I would not be violently opposed to an 802 P&P change forcing the
use of voting tokens, I am not about to suggest such a P&P change.

However, given that FacetoFace events asks us for our voter's lists
each session anyway, the registration process could clearly manage
assignment of voting tokens. Assuming that we had the appropriate databases.

cheers,

mike