Thread Links Date Links
Thread Prev Thread Next Thread Index Date Prev Date Next Date Index

Re: [802SEC] Unexpected 1099-MISC forms


The Recipient's TIN is the number that the IEEE specifies for IEEE
conferences, that is used by the Computer Society and therefore is used
by IEEE 802.  I have no idea how they got the TIN, but it is available
from IEEE literature.

I suspect that these may be contributions to non-LMSC hosted interim
sessions.  I think I will try calling them.  There are account numbers
on both of the forms.


wlq wrote:
> Do you mean they were 1099's to your personal social security number or to IEEE 802's?
> If it is the former, then it might be a good idea to write a letter to the IRS saying that you received incorrect 1099's. (My husband who has a common name once got a 1099 or a W-2 out of the blue and that is what we did.)
> If it was for IEEE 802, then perhaps it reflects something they donated - though I've never heard of sending a 1099 for a donation. How did they get the TIN? You might send a letter to them (or phone if there is a number) asking for an explanation.
> Pat
> -----Original Message-----
> From:
> []On Behalf Of Bill
> Quackenbush
> Sent: Monday, February 16, 2004 8:34 PM
> To: IEEE 802 SEC
> Subject: [802SEC] Unexpected 1099-MISC forms
> All,
> I have received unexpected 1099-MISC forms from Intel Corporation,
> Hillsboro, OR and Sprint United Management Company, Overland Park, KS
> for $4600 and $3650 respectively.  I have no clue as to what these are
> for.  Can anyone help me?
> Thanks,
> wlq