[802SEC] Re: stds-802-mobility: Inputs on IEEE 802.20 March Plenary Agenda

Jerry, thank you for your prompt response to my posting and for your
willingness to begin the 802.20 opening session early if there is sufficient
support.

With regard to the elections being held at 7:00pm on Monday, I must say that
I missed that detail in your 802.20 Policies and Procedures.  I would like
to strongly urge that we hold the elections during more usual Working Group
hours for three reasons.

1) Elections are a part of the regular business of the Working Group, and
therefore should not be scheduled for evening sessions when there is a
higher likelihood of conflicts of many sorts including evening business
meetings and business dinners.

2) The elections specifically conflict with 802 sponsored tutorials which
are supposed to be open to all 802 participants.

3) Since the SEC raised the question of the last 802.20 election including a
number of people whose first interest was not 802.20, I think that we should
stay squeaky clean by holding elections at a time when other working groups
have official meetings going on, so that most of our participants will have
802.20 as their primary interest.  Please note that I was not a participant
at that time and am making no claims either way about that election.
However, I do think we need to show that we are attempting to make sure such
an accusation cannot be reasonably raised about the coming election.

I am copying the SEC on this email to allow them to correct me in my
assumptions if I am off base in my assumptions.

Thank you for considering these points.

Best regards,

Robert D. Love
President, LAN Connect Consultants
7105 Leveret Circle     Raleigh, NC 27615
Phone: 919 848-6773       Mobile: 919 810-7816
email: rdlove@ieee.org          Fax: 208 978-1187