Re: [802SEC] RE: Draft SOW for P&P revision support from SA

Mat -

I seriously doubt your/our ability to maintain any kind of discipline with
regard to this two-stage process (first, generating the "superset", then
streamlining the superset); it just won't work out that way in practice,
because everyone will want to hack the superset the first time around. So I
believe that the two stage process will closely follow the military adage
that no plan survives contact with the enemy.

Given the above, I would suggest we accept the inevitable & make it a one
stage process (which may involve more than one ballot of course), and go
for as much of the 2nd stage streamlining as possible in the first balloted
draft. That way, the purpose of the ballot(s) would be to comment on what
we want the final shape of the document to be, rather than what I believe
will be a rather artificial first ballot even if we can be persuaded to
stay "on topic".

I would agree with Howard that 2 cycles is a bit on the aggressive side,
and would suggest 3 is about right.

Regards,
Tony